Are you tired of the same old boring movie quotes? Do you crave a little more fashion in your life? Look no further than Zoolander quotes, the 2001 cult classic that gave us some of the funniest and most iconic movie lines of all time.
In this article, we will explore the significance of Zoolander quotes and their enduring cultural relevance. Join us as we take a walk down the runway of memory lane and explore the significance of Zoolander’s most memorable quotes. Trust us, it’s going to be really, really, ridiculously good-looking!
Before we dive into the world of Zoolander quotes, let’s take a quick look at the movie’s plot and characters. Zoolander follows the story of Derek Zoolander (played by Ben Stiller), a dim-witted male model who becomes the unwitting pawn in a sinister conspiracy involving fashion and politics.
Zoolander is a hilarious comedy movie that pokes fun at the fashion industry, celebrity culture, and the idea of physical beauty. It’s a perfect mix of action, humor, and absurdity, which has made it a classic favorite. The movie is a great source of entertainment that will have you laughing all the way through.
Here are some interesting and lesser-known facts about Zoolander:
- The character of Derek Zoolander was inspired by real-life male model, Hansel McDonald, who was one of the top male models in the world during the 1990s.
- The original script for Zoolander was much darker and had a more serious tone. However, the script was rewritten to be more comedic after the events of 9/11.
- The famous “Blue Steel” pose was actually inspired by an expression Ben Stiller made while practicing his lines in the mirror.
- The movie features cameos from various fashion industry icons, including Tommy Hilfiger, Vera Wang, and Donatella Versace.
The Best Zoolander Quotes
Some Famous Zoolander Quotes
- For god’s sake Derek, you were down there one day!
- Put a cork in it, Zane!
- Dammit Derek, I’m a coal miner, not a professional film or television actor.
- And it was. I’m totally fine! I’ve never even been to Mount Vesuvius.
- I’m sorry that good-looking people like us made you throw up and feel bad about yourself.
- I’m pretty sure there’s a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is.
- Just because we have chiseled abs and stunning features doesn’t mean that we still can’t not die in a freak gasoline fight accident.
- They’re the same damn look!
- Well I guess it all started the first time I went through the second grade. I caught my reflection in a spoon while I was eating my cereal, and I remember thinking “wow, you’re ridiculously good looking, maybe you could do that for a career.
- Damnit Derek, I’m a coal miner, not a professional film or television actor.
- Obey my dog!
- There was a moment last night when she was sandwiched between the two finish dwarfs and the Maori tribesmen where I thought where I thought wow I could really spend the rest of my life with this woman.
- It’s that damn Hansel! He’s so hot right now!
- Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
- You is talking loco and I like it!
- “I have problems with turns, because I’m left-handed, and they haven’t built a left-handed runway yet. I’ve done over 1,000 runway shows in my career, and if you put all those runways end to end, it’d be so long I couldn’t even walk down it without getting tired.
- Destroy the Prime Minister of Malaysia!
- I feel like I’m taking crazy pills!
- I invented the piano key necktie, I invented it!
- Richard Gere’s a real hero of mine.
- Sting. Sting would be another person who’s a hero.
- Who are you tryin’ to get crazy with, ese? Don’t you know I’m loco?
- I was always more interested in what bark was made out of on a tree.
- You think that you’re too cool for school, but I have a newsflash for you Walter Cronkite….you aren’t.
- I care desperately about what I do. Do I know what product I’m selling?
- How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read… if they can’t even fit inside the building?
- I wasn’t like every other kid, you know, who dreams about being an astronaut.
- No. Do I know what I’m doing today? No. But I’m here, and I’m gonna give it my best shot.
- The music he’s created over the years, I don’t really listen to it, but the fact that he’s making it, I respect that.
Zoolander is a classic comedy that has left a lasting impact on pop culture. From the iconic “Blue Steel” pose to hilarious one-liners, the movie has provided us with some unforgettable quotes.
Which Zoolander quote was your favorite? We encourage you to share it with us in the comments below and don’t forget to share the article with your friends.
Let’s keep the laughs going and continue to appreciate the absurdity and humor of this beloved movie.