Are you looking for inspirational Winston Churchill quotes? We have made a collection of quotes by Winston Churchill that may relate to you and inspire you as well.
Who is Winston Churchill:
Sir Winston Churchill was a British leader and politician who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom twice, first from 1940 to 1945 and then again from 1951 to 1955. He is widely recognized as one of the twentieth century’s finest wartime commanders and is best remembered for his speeches, many of which are still referenced today.
Churchill was born in 1874 into an aristocratic family and attended Harrow School and the Royal Military College, Sandhurst. Winston Churchill is largely regarded as one of the most significant individuals in modern British history, and his leadership during World War II is universally admired. Churchill died in 1965 and was given a state burial before being buried at St Martin’s Churchyard in Bladon, England.
Here are some unknown facts about Winston Churchill:
- Winston Churchill was a brilliant painter, and several of his works are still on exhibit.
- He was a prolific writer, with several books published, including a history of English-speaking peoples and a six-volume memoir of his time in office
- Churchill was not legally legitimate since his parents were not married when he was born.
- During World War I, he was a Lieutenant Colonel in command of the 6th Battalion of the Royal Tank Corps, and he was an early supporter of the use of tanks in battle.
- He was a lifelong smoker who enjoyed cigars and brandy. During his presidency, he consumed a lot of both.
- Despite guiding Britain through the Second World War as Prime Minister, Churchill lost the 1945 general election. He was re-elected Prime Minister in 1951 and remained in office until 1955.
Famous Winston Churchill Quotes