Browse these quotes by Eric Hoffer as we have rounded up the most inspirational Eric Hoffer quotes that will remind you to work hard, inspire you to hustle, and motivate you to stay positive.
Who is Eric Hoffer:
Eric Hoffer was a prolific American writer, philosopher, and social critic, best known for his book “The True Believer: Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements”.
Hoffer was born in New York City in 1902. Hoffer released “The True Believer” in 1951, which won the National Book Award, and it rapidly became a best-seller. Hoffer’s work explores the nature of mass movements as well as the psychological motivations of their followers. He claims that religious, political, and intellectual mass movements are motivated by emotions of anger, resentment, and inadequacy among their supporters. Check out, William James’ Quotes to assist in life.
In addition to “The True Believer”, Hoffer also published numerous other novels, including “The Passionate State of Mind” and “The Ordeal of Change”. His publications were widely read and had an impact on sociology, psychology, and political science.
Here are some lesser-known facts about Hoffer:
- Hoffer worked as a migrant farm worker, gold miner, and migratory agricultural laborer before becoming a longshoreman in San Francisco.
- He was blind in one eye and almost blind in the other, making reading and writing difficult, yet he was able to dictate his books to a secretary.
- He was an enthusiastic stamp collector who owned a large collection of stamps from all over the world.
- He was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by Ronald Reagan in 1983.
- He authored a few books under the pen name Eric Hoffer.
Hoffer died in 1983, but his publications, which are still extensively read and studied today, carry on his legacy.
Top 30 Eric Hoffer Quotes to Inspire Your Life
Inspirational Eric Hoffer Quotes To Read